Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Removing a Power steering pump 93 dodge grand caravan.?

I have a 93 dodge grand caravan. I have replaced the pulley, serpentine belt and now I found the real problem of my (eaten belts). It is my power steering pump. The wheel on it is hollowed out on the inside. the wheel on it appears to be made of a soft metal. So I purchased just the wheel to put on to it. *They told me I would only need the wheel at Autozone*.



I need a diagram or some detailed instructions of how to remove the psp and how to change the wheel. I'm sure it will need to be pressed on. I have never done this and can't really afford any mechanics in this area. Even the unlicensed mechanics charge an arm and a leg :(Removing a Power steering pump 93 dodge grand caravan.?This is not a job for an amateur. I have been a certified Chrysler mechanic for 25 years and it is by far the most difficult pump to install. after it is off about three hours and with quite a few bad words you still have to r%26amp;r the pulley. the problem is not taking it off it is getting it out of the car. like putting a bowling ball in a pool pocket. it is just too big. If you still want to try it go the the dealer and buy a factory service manual. it is more expensive but it will give you step by step instructions. haynes and chilton consumer manauls are a waste of money.Removing a Power steering pump 93 dodge grand caravan.?Go to autozone, murrays, advance, napa and get a Chilton's repair manual for a 93 Dodge van.....they might not have it in stock but can get it in a day or two.....Chilton's repair manuals covers everything from soup to nuts on any model.....they have very nice diagrams showing how to do most maintenance....check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment