Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ok car question. When I accelerate the car is pulling against me?

and it kind of rocks back and forth. It takes a bit of time to get to a higher speed and yesterday I was almost hit due to it.



My husband says something is in the gas tank but it was doing this well before the last tank of gas only now it is a lot worse!



I also, despite my husbands thoughts, know the slave cylinder is going out and the power steering pump needs to be replaced.



How hard is this to do. I'm not alloweed a new car and I'm quite ticked off because we do not have the money to put this piece of **** kia in the shop.



So can anyone tell me what can cause the car to pull against me and have issues with acceleration?



And how hard it is to change the power steering pump and the slave cylinder?



Yes he bought me this piece of **** when my mazada was totaled. It cost us a big 1200 and he spent some of the money on windows and inserts he inisted he could sell on line and get double our money back but not one has sold in 6 months! and to make it more fun I have 161 windows sitting on the property and we are now out the money.



Anyone care to kick him for me?



Thank you!Ok car question. When I accelerate the car is pulling against me?I commend you for calling your Kia a POS Kia. I admire that yu are not afraid of the truth, instead of delusional about Korean cars being the best vehicles in the world and such..........



As for what is going on with the car, your Transmission may be dying. Maybe stuck in a gear?



The rocking back and forth is interesting. If you mean front-to-back back and forth, it may be bucking, and be the transmisison refusing to shift in any type of reasonable, driveable way.



Check the fluid on that. It may be so thirsty, it will drink up a whole quart.



Some transmissions do just let excess fluid run out instead of causing an overfilled condition. Overfilling a transmission is bad, but not as bad as not having enough fluid. Oddly enough, overfilling will also cause your transmission to not work right. Be cautious, add a quarter quart at a time... this way you avoid that.Ok car question. When I accelerate the car is pulling against me?tell him to sell car online and get double your money !now for your problems slave cylinder is in the trans require removal of engine and no repetuable shop is gonna wanna do this job without replacing the clutch cost $400-$1200 depending where you live power steering pump another pump $35-$300 depending where you live if its new or used and kinda a pain to change you have my sympathy if your mechanically inclined you could change these items i would suggest you go to the autozone web page and look under repair info to get a better idea since you know what you or your husband is capable of good luckOk car question. When I accelerate the car is pulling against me?I'd love to do more than just kick him for you. And not being allowed to buy another vehicle???



Sounds like you transmission is going out. You can have it rebuilt or try getting another. It may cost as much as the car itself. Changing a power steering pump is easy. Just can be a little messy for a rookie. Best of luck to you!Ok car question. When I accelerate the car is pulling against me?does your power steering work at all? I would guess the other answers on here are incorrect in saying it's the transmission because they are all assuming it's automatic. you said your slave is bad so it must be a standard shift right? well anyway my thought is under hard acceleration a front wheel drive car will try and pull the wheel out of your hands it's called torque steer. thats normal but if your power steering is out that will amplify the problem because you don't have the mechanical assist from the pump any more. so if you mash the gas the wheel will want to pull out of your hand and it will be very difficult to pull it back strait.

as for how to replace it. it's not real hard but it isn't feasible for me to type it all out here so what I would suggest is go to the auto parts store and buy a $15 hanse manual for your car and that will have easy to follow step by step instructionsOk car question. When I accelerate the car is pulling against me?Did your husband raise the life insurance policy coverage on you recently?

You sound like a high risk and with your %26quot;he won't let me attitude%26quot; probably not much fun to live with either.

Get a job and buy your own ride.Ok car question. When I accelerate the car is pulling against me?you say it,s hard picking up speed? maybe the cat. converter is clogging up or it needs a complete tune-up. those cars are cheap made from day 1. it very well could be the transmission getting ready to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment