Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rough cost of replacing power steering pump STS 99?

Does anyone know how much it costs to replace a power steering pump in my 99 or 98 Cadillac STS. cant remember which year. Im pretty positive the pumps out, because the wheel is very difficult to steer with. I noticed today that it started making the low fluid whining sound when turning. Really I want to know rough labor costs. A mechanic told me roughly 1,000. I find that to be rediculous because the parts add up to about 100. I just dont know how much work goes into changing it on a Cadillac. anyone with experience please help. Im not sure if it would require an engine lift or anything like that. That would be awesome if I could just do it in my garage with regular tools, but I doubt it.



thanks a lot in advanced everyone,

JoshRough cost of replacing power steering pump STS 99?Have you tried looking under the car for leaks. Sometimes it is a simple thing like to tighten a clamp on a hose from the pump to the rack %26amp; pinion. What I would do is fill the pump with oil jack up the front of the car start the motor turn your steering wheel left to right lock to lock 4 or 5 times then have a look under the car to see if you can see the oil leak there has to be a leak somewhere. Have a go you have nothing to loose.Rough cost of replacing power steering pump STS 99?It sounds more like the steering rack is the problem. That will cost around $1000 dollars and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment